- What are cookies?
A cookie is nothing new, everyone who visits websites on the world-wide-web has gathered many different types of cookies on their computers.
By definition, a cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site, so that the website may recognize your device, whenever it visits the website again. The process of saving cookies is controlled entirely by the web browser, which may limit or disable the saving of the cookies by the command of the user.
The purpose of cookies is to enable our website to remember your preferences – your username, language, etc. for a certain period of time, which enables you to skip re-entering certain data and information every time you visit our website. Cookies can also be used to establish anonymized statistics about the browsing experience on our sites, which help us tailor our website and services to your needs and preferences.
The list of the cookies, their services and purpose and duration of cookies is listed in the table below:
|Name||Service and purpose||Duration|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users||2 years|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users||24 hours|
|_gat||Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named _dc_gtm_.||1 minute|
|AMP_TOKEN||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.||30 seconds to 1 year|
|_gac_||Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and Google Ads accounts, Google Ads website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out.||90 days|
|Hotjar Tracking Code||in-site survey||365 days|
|__livechat||Live chat||2 years|
- Which kinds of cookies do we use?
We use different kinds of cookies, which are important for ensuring the best possible interaction between our website and its visitors.
First-party cookies are cookies set by our website, which you are visiting. Only our website can read these kinds of cookies.
We use first-party cookies to:
- store visitor preferences
- make our websites operational
- gather analytics data (about user behavior)
- Visitor preferences
First-party cookies are set by us and only we can read them. They remember your preferences regarding our cookies policy – whether you have agreed or refused our policy.
Our website might also potentially use external services (for example the option to play a certain video on YouTube, etc.), which use their own cookies, known as third-party cookies.
Third-party cookies are necessary in order for us to provide services and display content from external provides, such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc. In order to view this third-party content, you first have to accept their specific terms and conditions, which includes their cookie policies, which we have no control over. If you do not view this content or use such services, no third-party cookies are installed on your device.
The third-party providers on our website are:
- YouTube (https://policies.google.com/privacy)
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies)
- Twitter (https://twitter.com/en/privacy)
- Google (https://policies.google.com/privacy)
- LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy)
- Instagram (https://help.instagram.com/196883487377501)
Operational cookies are cookies, which are crucial for certain functions of our website, which is why they do not require your consent. Such cookies in particular are authentication cookies and technical cookies.
We use analytics cookies for research purposes, which provide us with information and feedback on how we can improve our website and services, which we provide for our visitors and users. Analytics cookies assess your interaction with our website, without gathering the data regarding your identification, which means that these cookies do not identify you personally but as an anonymous user or visitor.
Also, this data is not shared with any third parties or used for any other purpose. The anonymized statistics could be shared with our external partners to perform an analysis of website visitation statistics.
However, you are free to refuse these types of cookies via the cookie banner you’ll see on our front page.
- How can you manage cookies?
Users and website visitors may freely choose to enable or disable cookies. The cookie settings may be modified and changed in your personal web browser. Depending on which browser you are using, you may find out more information on the following links:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=sl-sl&p=cpn_cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/sl/users/auth?next=%2Fsl%2Fkb%2Fnew%3Ftitle%3DKako%2Bomogo%25C4%258Dite%2Bin%2Bonemogo%25C4%258Dite%2Bpi%25C5%25A1kotke%252C%2Bv%2Bkaterih%2Bspletne%2Bstrani%2Bhranijo%2Bva%25C5%25A1e%2Bnastavitve%26redirectslug%3Dkako-omogocite-onemogocite-piskote-v-katerih-splet%26redirectlocale%3Dsl
- Internet Explorer 9: https://support.microsoft.com/sl-si/hub/4338813/windows-help?os=windows-10
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/sl-si/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
Please do note, that if you do in fact turn off cookies, some of the website functions may be disabled.
The policy was last updated on the 30th of June, 2021.